Re: Diesel engine oil in gasoline engine

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun May 16 1999 - 11:43:09 EDT

At 02:07 PM 5/15/99 , you wrote:
>I don't know about the Berryman stuff, but the times I've used crankcase
>flush the can said not to drive the car after you've added the flush
>because your oil loses a lot of its viscosity.

I was told how to use the stuff by a mechanic friend who uses it at every
oil change. I wouldn't think that 15 minutes of driving with slightly
thinner oil every 3-5K miles would hurt. Sounds like CYA by somebody's
legal department.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case
I see a snake, which I also keep handy. -- W.C. Fields