Detonation article

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 22:11:31 EDT

I was reading Mopar Muscle Janruary edition ( Yeh I'm that far behind) and
happened to notice a letter in performance Clinic in the back of mag about a
guy with a 96 Dodge 1500 with a 360 . The guy had several bolt ons and the MP
computer and NGK-R spark plugs and was having detonation problems. The answer
was " the only thing wrong with your combination are your spark plugs" You
should be using Champion Projected core Plugs (PN RC12YC) . There were a
couple of other comments as to areas and diferences in fuels. They also noted
" Most people do not have detonation problems with Mopars longer duration cam
package and this will produce more power.

I've never had a detonation problem under normal circumstances but I have
always used the RC12YC plugs. So maybe some of you with the detonation
problems if using other plugs should check this out.

Just thought this may help some of you folks.

Bill