Re: Oil

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 22:38:55 EDT

by definition, if the oil behaves as the numbers indicate, the HOT viscosity
of 5W30 (I assume that's what you mean) and 10W30 are the same... but 5W30
flows much better at COLD temperatures... especially below zero.... quicker
lubrication to the valve area..I've heard like almost 30 seconds difference
between the two different oils.

of course that's in theory... I just switched from Mobil 1 10W30 to Mobil 1
5W30, and have been watching the oil pressure carefully... have not seen a
significant change...

I don't know if I want to try the 0W30 they have now...

Gary Shook

>> Why do you use 5W50? (Just wondering what the advantages/disadvantages
>>are. I've always used 10W30.)
>

> -Jon-
>
>I ahve always used 10W-30 and I think itlets you get better gas mileage.
The