RE: Dak R/T getting an awful spanking in the One Lap

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 13:33:54 EDT

Car and Driver mag and Michelin sponsor this once a year. Its open to cars
and trucks, and they go around the country (7 different tracks) over a 6 day
period. At each track they do a time trial style event (do laps of the track
and are timed, and the time picks the winner as opposed to "full contact"
racing with everyone on the track at the same time). There are also a couple
of drag racing events.

Its a real "grass roots" type event; there are no support vehicles hawling
spare parts allowed, only whatever will fit into the vehicle you're racing.
They have to drive the "race" vehicle between venues, so there is also a
"rally/navigation" component as well. The driver and co-driver are in the
vehicle pretty much 20 hours a day. More info on the event is at

        http://www.onelapofamerica.com

There are usually segments of the events shown on SpeedVision.

Craig