Re: Nitrous is cheating. Was: Auto vs 5 Sp perfectly clear

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 21:18:59 EDT

Yeah but these have somethings Daks w/ superchargers don't, FACTORY
ENGINEERING! They were designed to have them on. Big difference.
Actually my friends mom had a Super Coupe, there was a noticeable
difference between weather conditions, and if it had been driven. From
what I remember she did blow atleast one headgasket (she in no way drove
it easy though). If you ran it WOT for any length of time the needle on
the temp gauge would definetly start to rise. Lightnings haven't been
out long enough to determine these issues, and GTP are not very good
cars from what the owners and guys I know at Classic Pontiac have said.
They've had many problems (not only GTP's). Pontiac we build excrement.

Erich