questions on oil analysis (for used 360)

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@swbell.net)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 21:41:44 EDT

I talked to the owner directly today on the 360 I'm trying to purchase.
We still haven't come up with a price, but he doesn't seem to urgent or
pushy on the deal. I asked him if it would would be okay if I did an oil
analysis on the motor, just to be sure it was in good condition. He said
it was fine but that the oil in it only had about 300-400 miles on it.
Should I do it anyway? I figure that if it is in really bad shape it (as
in running while upside down) it would still have a lot of metal in it.
I trust the guy, I just don't want to have too many suprises. Did anyone
ever come up w/ any prices besides the $900? I might be buying the
tranny also if I can cram the internals of the NV4500 into my NV3500.
Any help appreciated.

Erich (wanting the 360 more and more)