Re: Electric fan Dester?

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 22:47:24 EDT

Yes. i THINK i can. i think i can. (i love that book)
well. on to the electrical fans. Your standard pully fan has a clutch on
it, and it weighs a bit. By removing it from the serpentine accessory drive
belt. you remove a lot of excess weigh. i'll go weigh the fan if you want
to, but i'm thinking a nice 5-15 pounds? So. that will allow ur engine to
rev into the gears faster since there's less force to hold it back. I've
heard that the electrical fan will draw more energy from the alternator which
equals it out, but i run a full audio system and there is barely (not
noticable) any difference in acceleration.
-Dester
PS I don't care what you guys say aboit CFM and all that stuff, but my lil
40 dollar imperial 16" electrical fan from parts american with an optional
thermostat kiit (12 bucks) does the trick and has lasted since New Years..

<< Dester could you explain how a fan would help acceleration.

 another newbie
 stevie.o@excite.com
 99 SLT+V8 4X4 slushbox spells sexy backward. >>