Re: Please help MIke w/popping noise

From: superskunk@mindspring.com
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 23:09:49 EDT

    3 months after I got my new 97 Dak, CC, 4x4, 5.2L, auto I experienced the
same problem your refering to, and I was hot about it. I took it back to the
dealer and tried in vain to explain the popping feeling I was getting. They had
the truck for over a week and I remember they replaced the front brakes, rotors,
and the steering wheel shaft.
    They "fixed" it all under warranty. And yes, you all guessed it, it still
does the same thing. As I accelerate and brake, and turning into a driveway I
still feel the popping, but not as bad as before. Personally I think it is in
the steering column/shaft area. When I am sitting still, I can wiggle the
sterring wheel forward and backward ever so slightly and feel a slight popping.
    I took it back and had them look at it again and they don't know what it is
and looked at me as if I was still crazy. When they had the truck the first
time, after 3 days in the shop they said they had "ordered" the parts, but
couldn't tell me what they ordered, but that they would be in in 2 days. As far
as I'm concerned they just replaced what they wanted to since it was under
warranty and never diagnosed the problem.
    If anyone has answer to this problem, I'd appreciate a solution as well.

Mel