Re: RE: Steel Horse Bed Carpet ATTN: steve.o

From: Steve Strigle (strigle@home.com)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 23:50:33 EDT

steve.o

Why bother with a liner under a liner? The carpet is basically held on with
velcro so if
you actually want to use your truck to haul stuff that you don't want on the
carpet it takes
about a minute to pull it off. Since the bed is going to be covered again
when you put
the carpet back on why bother with a 2nd liner, unless you work for the
government of
course. If you're having that much trouble spending a couple hundred bucks
I'll accept
donations. <grin>

For grins after installing it I washed my truck, got the carpet absolutely
soaked
(on purpose I filled my bed with about an inch of water) it dried clean,
when I pulled the
carpet off to test after allowing it to dry for abit there was no indication
that the actual truck
bed ever so much as got damp. <as a sidenote I saw the Bedrug brand carpet
liner today
on a friends silverado, it appears to be alittle higher quality>
(thicker, and more $$$.)

Steve S.
99 Dakota CC SLT loaded v6 (23mpg driving like alittle old lady) no engine
mods yet.
99 Pontiac Firebird *8.36 1/4 mile today!* (highly modified)