Re[2]: Speaking of Oil...

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 14:11:50 EDT

>It's a '98 with about 14k on the odo. It hadn't burned one drop prior to this
>(oil and filter change every 3k). It's down less than 1/2 a quart...
>Hopefully
>it's just a fluke.
>
>Thanks for the response.
>Tom

Strange thing, I've noticed my 97 V-6 starting to do the same thing. Right
about the 3000 mi mark I notice that its approx 1/2 to 1/3 a quart down
from its usual level. Of course thats the time for a change anyhow but it
seems a bit odd. I remeber a post mentioning a little bit of leakage when
using synthetic oil, whick is what I use, anyone else have any ideas on
this???