Re: Oil

From: Marie Pimental (pimental@massed.net)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 16:20:28 EDT

Jon, I'm an Amsoil Dealer, my name is Wayne and the reason your oil is a
5W-30 is because the oil is beginning to break down. I take oil samples from
all of my new customers to determine the condition of the engine. I ask them
what brand and weight oil they use and mark it on the slip. When the results
come back, the weight is NEVER the same when first poured in the engine.
Most often the oil is a single weight. This happens every time. How long has
the Mobil 1 been in your engine? Mobil 1 does not last very long, but a
little longer than dino oil. You still have to change it often if you want
good protection. This is why most people don't switch to this type of
synthetic, too expensive.
You might want to consider using Amsoil. It won't break down and lasts much
longer than any other synthetic on the market today.
Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions at all.
(pimental@massed.net)