Re: Bosch Plat+4 ??

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 06:41:51 EDT

I had a particularly nasty experience with 'em in my '98 318... Flyin'
straight and level with them wasn't a problem but when going up a long steep
grade my truck experienced spark knock/detonation severe enough to set of the
MIL. Who knows, maybe I got a bad batch of plugs or something as others have
not had as bad an experience. What I do know is that the Champion truck plugs
I put in later did not cause any spark knock at all on the same grade.

As a side note, I will say that if you want to try 'em Bosch really does stand
behind their product! A couple of us have written them about bad experiences
with these plugs and they have been very responsive. They have been doing some
testing with Dakotas and sent me out a "fresh" set of plugs to try. I haven't
had a chance to "re-create the test" yet but when I do I'll let y'all know.

Tom