4-bangers

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 08:46:04 EDT

<< if anyone on the list has one (4-cyl), what kind of performance does it
have, or not have. >>

My first Dakota was a '92 Reg Cab sport, 4-banger. Got great mileage (28mpg),
and great to tool around in, but way underpowered at times! I used to live in
Buffalo and go to school in Illinois, meaning a LOT of highway miles...it
performed great with a tailwind, but as soon as the wind turned against you,
I had a tough time keeping the speed above 60-65 max. Floored. And if I so
much as turned the defroster or heat on, FUHGHETTABOUTTIT!!! It would siphon
power off the engine and I would slow down about 5-10 miles/hour!! But I did
haul big loads and U-haul trailers around from time to time with no problems,
it was torquey. And fun, I loved that truck. That's why when it was time to
trade in, I got another Dak....<sniff>....sorry, got somethin' in my
eye...gotta go....

Dave Kilian
Raleigh, NC
Current: '96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
Retired: '92 Dakota Sport 4-banger