Re: Re: Stumbling/Backfiring!!

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 16:23:45 EDT

<< I hate to sound like someone obsessed with an O2 sensor, but that is
EXACTLY
 how mine acted when I had a bad one. Does it backfire through the throttle
 body or the tail pipe? Mine was through the throttle boddy....

Well I did replace my O2 sensor about 2 weeks ago, after having the same one
on my Dak for close to 105,000 miles. I boughta new one from the dealer,
since amazingly, they were one of the cheapest parts places that stocked the
sensor for my Dak. It backfired twice through the tailpipe. Wonder if I
should try putting the old one back on..........it was rather dirty compared
to the new one. Can the tips be cleaned???? Just would rather hope the new
$75 sensor won't be wasted~!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6