Re: MIKE LEACH HEADERS!!!!---QUESTIONS ABOUT CERAMIC COATING!!!

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 22:35:56 EDT

> I have my headers on order. Is the ceramic coating
worth
> it?

YES ABSOLUTELY!!!

> Do the headers add a lot of heat under the hood compared to the stock
> exhaust manifolds?

Yes, a lot more. However the headers for the newer trucks seem to be tucked
underneath the engine bay more so than the older style that I have. On mine
the engine bay was much hoter after the change. It was so hot the water in
the windshield washer bottle would burn your finger if you put it in. After
the coating it was back to about what it was with stock manifolds.

> Anyone with experience with Leach Headers-coated or uncoated please
respond.
> THANX in advance.

Take a look at my website and click on DT Headers and you can see before and
after pics and a lot of other information on my headers and coating...
www.mikesdakota.com

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
                   '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page