Engine check light, disregard last one...

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 00:22:18 EDT

I was just readin along and i noticed that i forgot to remember that my
engine check light sometimes just pops up on me during start up. (3 times
now) 1 was from a trip about 50 miles highway. had the car off for an hour
and when i turned it on, boom., it was there. I removed the battery
negative and it didn't come back until OTHER times. what could be wrong?
running closed loop? 180 degree stat with 16" fan over cooling? flowmaster
exhaust killing? bad O2 sensor? where can i get a code reader? i think
that would help greatly..
-Dester