10w30 or 5w30?

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 00:51:10 EDT

Okay, i'm running mobil 1 with puralator pure one oil filters and i was
wondering if any power increase would result if i went to a 5w30. reason
was, i was at my auto parts store and ALL they had was 5w30 and i was too
lazy to drive to another auto parts strore ( i just sold my amplifier, so i'm
depressed with little bass) what good would running 5w30 in 60-80 degree
weather do? or what bad will it yield? is motor oil motor oil? is synthetic
worth the extra 2 bucks a quart?
-Dester