Re: Nasty Cam and Heads on Order!

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Tue May 25 1999 - 19:06:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/99 8:26:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, WillTier@aol.com
writes:

<< Patrick

 Do you know if you can use the $9 spring with stock valve components, push
 rods mainly ? Do you have the roller rockers and such ? From what I
 understand the 360 - 380 crate motor uses stock magnum push rods and rockers
 but a differnet cam ( I think .501/.513 or close to that )My R/T springs and
 ect are supposed to be shipped 5/24 of course they have lied to me before so
 I'm hoping this time I get em and get this thing back together.

 Bill >>
I don't think anything else is required to use the race spring, but you'd
only need the race spring in a very heavy duty application.. so, if you were
having to use the race spring chances are you'd want to use diff. pushrods
(from Crower) and guideplates (also from Crower) just as a safety measure
anyway.

I use Crower 1.6 RRs, R/T springs, stock pushrods... fwiw

ttyl
Patrick