lookin' for truck

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 08:17:25 EDT

Jack and Mike, thanks for checking locally for a truck. I've had my
nose online in the Truck Trader for a month now, and while I have found
many '97+ trucks for sale, they are usually at a dealer who wants way
too much for it. Why do used trucks sell for such a high price in
Virginia and North Carolina. I talked to a dealer in NC about one I
saw, and he wanted $18,000 for it and I could have bought the same thing
brand new for $500 more. Now, with the $1000 rebate, it would be
cheaper. He had nothing to say back to me. Guess not, huh?!
  Anyway, I'm looking for a '97+, Standard cab, shortbed, V8,
prefereably auto. Probably would take any color but I kindof dont like
white...
  Thanks if anyone sees something reasonable (By that, I mean $13,000 or
less.)
  I shoulda bought Sean Meldrum's when he ditched it for a Rustang.
Patrick