RE: digital camera comparisons

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 22:58:52 EDT

The DC260 is a good camera, but is more than a few months old. Technology
is moving rapidly in this sector, so I think it would behoove you to closely
compare the 2 cameras.

Personnally, I use my camcorder hooked up to a video-capture card I
installed in my computer ($80 at CompUSA). Whatever movies I make on my
camcorder, I can freeze frames onto my computer screen and save them as
jpgs, bmps, or whatever. Plus, I can watch my cableTV on the 'puter (and
even save stills from my favorite cable stations if I want!). Also, you can
hook a VCR up to the card & save stills. I'd say picture quality is roughly
the same as cheap - mid-price digital cameras, but I'm sure it would be
better if you had a Hi8 camcorder (more resolution). Strangely, I get best
resolution when I zoom in close.

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate