Re[2]: Re: RE: WAS: Not My Day NOW: TINT

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 08:18:17 EDT

Haven't you ever heard the term, "Don't kill the messenger"?! Effectively
that's what police are when they right you up a ticket for speeding, tinting,
DWI, etc... The message they are carrying is from your elected officials that
passed laws through state and federal legislatures. To rail against the police
like this is absurd!

Sure there are a few bad "cops" out there that exercise bad judgment, got a
chip on their shoulder or are just plain power crazed jerks... In my
experience the bad apples are few and far between, fortunately. Moreover, if
you find a bad one --don't whine about it!-- make some phone calls and write
some letters. If you present your case clearly and reasonably you will be
taken seriously.

I agree with anyone that's wants fewer laws on the books and get back to TAKING
RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS! Unfortunately, today's society prefers to
play the blame game. Like being a clumsy idiot and spilling coffee on
yourself, suing the people that sold it to you and winning?????!!!! WTF!

If you don't like the laws, get on the phone with your Rep's and tell 'em...
Find a group that thinks like you and rally some support! Just don't blame the
messenger for laws that "we" allowed to be passed and stay on the books.
My $.02
Tom