Re: Re: was: Six speed Now: Viper components on a Dak

From: Bob King (k85go76@erols.com)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 19:00:50 EDT

Cool. I was thinking of going to manual (I know an automatic is more
reliable in a drag race) because I am more of a road driver and highway
flyer and it kind of takes an act of congress ot get these A 518 trannys
down and out of O/D when you want to pass etc. Plus I'd like to have a
couple extra ratios available to keep my engine running in the fat part of
its powerband. And frankly, I enjoy shifting and getting the gear I want
when I want it. Don't let this opinion be a cue to rekindle the controversy
of auto vs. manual tranny. I've heard enough. I grant the autophiles the
fact that the auto is the trans of choice in a drag race.
Thanks!

Bob '95 SLT, CC, 5.2, auto