Re: Questions about Intakes...

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 01:27:49 EDT

The price is what made my decision. Sure the K&N is likely
to be engineered very well, but is it really worth $200+?
Not for me, even with a 'heat shield.' I'm plann'n on
fabb'n some sort of shield up for my "po'boy" K&N Gen II
clone. If you want something prettier, get the Quick D and
then experiment with a heat shield--if you have no
mechanical skills whatsoever or resources are the limiting
factor, you could still go to a machine shop and have them
make something for you out of scrap and I'd doubt it total
more than $25 . . . and that'd be for a fancy one. Write
Tony and ask him because I thought he was trying to work up
some sort of shield. My budget is damn thin right now
(preparing for a wedding soon and as importantly, the
*honeymoon*), so that was really my only motivating factor
for the mod I chose. By the way, even my cheap version
gives a NOTICABLE improvement over stock. Hope my babbl'n
as aided you in some way. ;)

JY