Electric fans, thanks

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 22:24:14 EDT

Hello,

I wanted to thank all on here for the helpful advice on the electric fan
install. Alan S sent photos and all, Bernd sent a set by step install, and
others that said go for it or caution. I have finished the dual fan install
using Flex-a-Lite Model 210 that Rod from Flex-a-lite recommended, thanks
for your help Rod.
I installed the fans across the radiator at an angle, using both mounts, 2
outside and 3 thru the radiator. There is very little overlap of fan off
the radiator grille area, so I feel that I have 70% area covered. The
wiring is a little intimidating, I got help from one that knows wiring, and
thanks again for the pics, Alan, that got us on the right wires for the a/c
hookup.
My wire tied thru the pulley and to the sway bar worked great to get that
#$^% nut off.
My G-tech test proved the seat of the pants feel, with a 0-60 increase of a
bit over .5 sec. The quarter was increased by almost .4 and the speed by
over 5 mph. I was impressed and ran several times to make sure this gain
was fairly accurate. I am looking forward to what kind of mpg I get with
this in city driving, which the truck mainly does, very short trips. In my
test, I drove over 45 miles and the fan came on 2x, when idling and at the
end of the trip and I really had it set too low, now adjusted a little. It
was in the 80s today, gage never went over 200.
Almost forgot, also did the 180 stat install. Not that difficult, thanks to
whoever told the group about leaving the hose on and using a long
extension. I also ground off that front labeled worthless in the way lip
too, because of the group here. Went very easy, considering where the stat
is located.
Next project will be the Leach headers, which are ordered and should be
here soon and the F&B TB.
And as someone else said, it is rewarding to see gains on mods that you do
yourself to the vehicle. Thanks to all.

Bob Hardt
Aiken,SC
99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto