Transgo question

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sun May 30 1999 - 02:53:59 EDT

I recieved my transgo kit Friday (thanks Patrick). I must say I'm impressed
with the install video that comes with the kit. I wasn't expecting it to be
so detailed. And they do the install on a Dakota no less! Anyway I have
one question for the guys who have done this already. On page 5 of the
directions they show where to drill the 1-2 shift hole, the 2-3 shift hole
and three other holes. The last hole (on the far right of the plate) they
say the following about.... "For snow plow use and off-road racing, enlarge
this hole with .093 drill. All other: Don't drill. Ok if already bigger.
No hole here is OK." Huh? If it's larger it's ok, if it doesn't exist it's
ok too? I have tried to find out what this hole controls or affects but the
directions do not say. It says for snow plow or off-road racing, would that
apply to stree/strip vehicles?

Has anyone been able to install the rear servo parts? The kit says on some
it may require a proffesional to do this part.

What kind of a risk does the "gear command" (back to low at any speed)
feature create? What I mean is would it be possible for the gear selector
to be acidentaly hit and shift it down to 1st at say 75mph? Ya know, hand
goes where it shouldn't be and she slaps at you and.... could be messy. If
I don't install the gear command feature does that impact the performance of
the shifts any?

Ok, I know, that was three questions....

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
              '93 V8 4X2 MarkIII
Houston Area DML Meet Page
     http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221