Re: Hypocritical Troopers

From: brock skoloda (glock2340@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 31 1999 - 07:56:40 EDT

--- david zavetsky <zavetsky@usaor.net> wrote:
> I have just gotten my Dak back from the dealer
> repaint, and on the way home
> I was doing about 45 or so in a 40 on Route 30 here
> near Pittsburgh,
> PA........Now, route 30 notoriously moves MUCH
> faster than 45 let alone the
> 40 speed limit.......Anyways, I am in the passing
> lane having just
> completed the pass and was coming down the hill
> ready to change lanes again
> when I saw the lines across the road and the local
> cop sitting a ways up
> the road.......Long story short, she pulls me ove
> and says I was doing 53
> in a 40.............I am pleading not guilty and
> going to court.....Funny
> thing is, I got a ticket a couple years ago in the
> same city, on the same
> road, for the SAME SPEED! 53 in a 40....Now, what
> are the chances??????

Last summer I was on route 30. A state trooper came flying by me and
was weaving in and out of traffic. I figured that would be my key to
help me get home a little faster so I put the pedal to the floor in my
sunfire, the fine piece of race machine that it was and followed him.
We got to a red light and I pulled in the lane next to him. He looked
over, put his window down and said "run your own race stay off of my
tail" and started laughing. When the light turned green he took off
like a bat out of hell and waved.

Eric