Southern Nats - Complete Report **LONG**

From: Ben Vaughan (webmaster@dakattack.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 23:06:38 EDT

Wow....what a weekend. First of all I would just like to thank Jack, Mel,
and Blaine for coming this weekend...I can not think of a better group of
guys to go to a meet with. We had an awesome time, even though I didn't get
the hook up with Kelly (I have been boycotting corn hoping that would
attract her...but no luck so far). I wasn't there Friday night so you will
have to get the scoop from them about it. I got there Sat. morn and sat
around while I waited for Jack to wake up and call me...He finally did and I
went down to his room and met him and Missy...Then Mel came pullin up in his
'97 4WD...We all talked for a bit then decided to go get breakfast at the
Waffle House. As we were eating, we saw Blaine go flying by on the highway
heading to the Nats..So we left a few minutes later and headed to the Nats
(them v8's left my sixer in the dust, thanks to a Caddilac...) Ok, so we
got to the Nats, parked our trucks where everybody could admire them, and
went up for some grudge racing. Well you already know about how Jack's
times on that were so I won't repeat them..It was awesome though and I have
video of all of Jack's runs...So then all the grudge races were over and we
waited around for the time trials to start...After showing everyone my Slick
50 display in the bed of my truck (hahaha) it started to rain and ended up
raining the whole night out. So we all went back to the hotel and cleaned
all the grease off our clothes (thanks to my truck bed) and decided to go to
Pizza Hut. I got to drive Mel's truck, it wuz niiiice :) Then, after Jack
gave Kelly, our waitress, heck (Room 219, the SWEET SUITE!), we loaded up
and headed for a pool hall in Warner Robins. We played pool for a long time
then headed back to the hotel room, but not until we saw the mitsubishi R/T,
and sat around and talked until 2 am (Ralph had a real good deal on that
Buick). Sunday was also a ton of fun. We met up at about 9:15 and me and
Blaine went to Burger King while Jack, Mel, and Missy went to McDonald's and
we ate on the way. We got there just in time for the time trials and Jack
went and ran those while the rest of us sat around and chilled...Chilled is
the wrong word because everybody put on sunscreen except for me (really, I
don't burn easy) and now I look like a beet and I am hurting BAD! Then,
while I was wiping some dirt off my truck, I decided to start picking at my
pinstripe...before I knew it, I was obsessed and ended up pulling most of my
pinstripe off (To the guys that were there: I finally finished it completely
today, it looks good) so now I'm gonna pull all of the door and tailgate
decals off. Also, I think Missy learned a valueable lesson about sleeping
in a truck bed with a tonneau cover after Jack closed it and drove her
around for a minute...BTW, we now know that Mel's cover is VERY airtight.
Lots of other things happened but I don't want to go into TOO much
detail...Y'all please add anything to this that I am forgetting or leaving
out. Then they gave away the 360 Crate Motor but they must have dropped my
ticket or something because they accidently didn't call out my number! But
that's ok I reckon. Then, right before we all left, we lined up for a group
picture...It looked REALLY good until some weird guy in a red dak came
flying over there and lined his up next to us and got out and thought it was
just the FUNNIEST thing in the world that he pulled up there. So our group
pics have some strange guy's dak in it. I know there has to be a lot more
that I can post but I can't remember it all right now...it's late and my
arms and legs are killing me thanks to the sun. I would once again like to
thank all the people that showed up for making this a great weekend. And I
would like to give out MASSIVE props to Blaine and Mel for workin so hard to
put Jack into the 14's...It was a very successful weekend!! And there is
only one way I can end this e-mail and that is with 3 words...CORN, CORN,
and CORN!!!!

Later,
Ben Vaughan
webmaster@dakattack.com