Government & Tint

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Jun 01 1999 - 11:58:00 EDT

   My comments were strickly on the tint issues. Enlargeing the debate to
cover "Government Intereference" is poor debate technique.

   As a 'trucker', Mike would be a "professional" driver. Sitting behind the
wheel your 10 hours a day gives you a totally different experience in driving.
 Sadly, the laws need to cover the least common denominator: bad drivers who
think their hot stuff and weave in and out of traffic. These folks are very
common, and dangerous. All they need to do is put limo black on their windows
and they become mostly blind rolling missiles, waiting to impact with some
unsuspecting target. You think I overexaggerate, but ask any Fire, Paramedic,
CHP or rural county Deputy's how many accidents appear to be caused by tint.
Most people obey the laws, but a disproportionate number of these illegally
tinted vehicles end up as statistics.

   Keep in mind, tint is totally unnecessary to drive. It makes no difference
at all if windows are untinted. You guys can hate me all you want for my
viewpoint on tint, but it won't change my mind. I too, don't like big
government, but some laws are fully justified. Even if it has saved one life,
the law is worth it. Vanity is no excuse for killing someone. Living in
California (the car capitol of the world) makes for totally different driving
routines. Let's try to live on the roads together, rather than act as 200
million 'individuals', each with our own version of what's right and wrong.
If you choose to break the laws though, fine, don't whine when you pay the
penalty. That is just hypocrisy of the highest order. If you don't like the
laws, work with the system to get them changed. Moaning about it gets you
nowhere.

Shaun H.