Darwin? I got rear ended!

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northchurch.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 1999 - 07:48:58 EDT

My first 'official' accident happened last night.

I was waiting (er, yielding) to get on a rotary at a full
stop. BUMP. "what the F***?!?" I entered the rotary and
pulled off to the right. Got my registration ready. I got
out and looked at my bumper. I now have a black bumper with
a Nissan blue racing stripe. Too bad the guy didn't hit me
straight on, he'd have a trailer hitch imprint on his hood.

No damage for me, but his '98 Nissan Altima probably needs
a new hood. I don't think he'll be able to open it the
way it curled under. The police officer (yes, I waited for
one, even though it was under $1000 damage) almost broke out
laughing when he saw the damage to my truck (almost none) and
the damage this guy did to his car. The thing is the guy had
his 2 kids in the back seat UNSEAT BELTED! Uh, hello?
Massachusetts law? (Common SENSE?) Survival of the fittest
I suppose.

Any hoo, it's a truck, I didn't buy it because it looks good
(yeah, right!) I bought it for it usefulness.

The collision must have been less than 5 MPH, his airbags didn't
deploy.

-travis
Bone Stock '97 4x4 CC 5spd w/blue racing bumper
(is that good for another .02 ET?)