RE: Air Cleaner = Less Power!?!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 12:36:57 EDT

Well, if it means anything to you....

A little while ago, I had removed my Jet-II Chip and bypassed the MSD
Box...BIG difference in performance...it was sluggish, stumbled off-idle,
and basically ran like @#$!.

My TB finally went out for modifications so i'm waiting for the final
results this weekend. (My G-Tech box had shown a maximum of 178 with all
the mods in place...on a nice cool day. Curious to see if the money i'm
spending on the TB is actually worth it.)

So...how's she running with the 3.90's? Glad to hear they made it in one
piece...sorry about the knuckles though...been there. Ouch!

At 11:58 AM 06/07/1999 -0400, you wrote:
> My G_TECH should be in tomorrow (Tue.). I am going to see if I can
>prove the worth of the MSD 6-A, the JET chip (statge II) in street use. I
>still have my stock air intake and also have the 10" Elderbrock w/K&N 2"
>filter so I'll try to see how they all work or don't to my advantage...Bad
>news is going to be in upper 90's tomorrow so will have to wait till end of
>week. I already know my truck does'nt do well in the heat.
> Ted O
> P.S., Bernd got the 3.90's in over the weekend,only one small busted
>knuckle..

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm