Re: Keep Factory Speakers or Upgrade?

From: Parker, Jon (jparker@grci.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 13:15:43 EDT

I replaced the factory speakers in my '99 Dak CC with 4 Boston Acoustics
CX6e (these are so called "oversized" 6 1/2" speakers). I also replaced the
factory head unit with a Sony AM/FM/CD player (CDX-4250). The BA CX6e's are
their budget model, but I think they sound great, much better than the
factory speakers. BA has a good reputation. These speakers are very
efficient, thus they can get loud on a lesser wattage amp. They also
produce very tight, accurate (IMHO) bass. I paid $89/pair for them at a
local stereo shop here in northern Virginia (Myer Emco). As for the rear
locations on a CC, it is not simple to replace the speakers there, but not
overly difficult and I think well worth the effort.

Jon P. - Annandale, VA

99 4x4 CC 5.2L Auto Sport+