Re: Re: Pulleys...........

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 14:40:27 EDT

Need a 94.5" 6-rib belt, ~$20... it's easy is "can
you tie your shoes?" I made a write up, will send to
Jon to put on the homepage, or I will send it to any
and all interested. ASP is a brand name, check the
DML homepage for group buy info, got mine 7 days after
I sent the $order.

--- Bob H <torch@triplet.net> wrote:
> I live in SC, do not think you can get any
> hotter...dual 12", no problem so
> far. Would like more info on this crank pulley. Need
> diff belt? How hard is
> 'its easy'? Is ASP a brand name? I have the standard
> alt, V8. Thanks...
>

> At 10:15 AM 6/7/99 +0000, you wrote:
> >> dsmith4@yahoo.com wrote:
> >> I put on the ASP crank, no alt. along w/ elec.
> fan...
> >> I've had no probs. to date (~1 month), well,
> unless
> >> you call an extra 20 horses and 3mph a problem :)
> >>
> >> and for the record, I went from 17mpg to 20mpg
> (taken
> >> at speeds well above the speed limit) which I
> feel
> >> would be a whole lot better if I could keep the
> lead
> >> outta my shoe :)
> >
> >That mpg is impressive Jon, I'm thinking about the
> ASP
> >crankpulley mod as well. I'm wondering about the
> electric
> >fan mods tho. Its pretty hot here (90's). I don't
> know if
> >an electric fan can keep the engine cool enough.
> Any Texas
> >DML'ers with electric fans having cooling problems?
> >
> >GS -
> >
> >98 5.2L 5spd
> >

> Bob Hardt
> Aiken,SC
> 99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4