RE: Web page sounds in Netscape?

From: SmokinDakota (smokindakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 23:13:06 EDT

The reason I see is that there is no <EMBED> tag which is needed to play
background sound in Netscape. The <BGSOUND> tag only works for IE . If you
don't know HTML then you probably have no idea what I am talking about. If
you need help with your web page just ask me a question(privatly) and I will
do my best to answer it. I am reconstructing my web page to have a chat
room, Bulletin Board, and much more. So keep checking back cuz it should be
completed in a couple of weeks.

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL IM = SmknDakTrk

dex.html)?
My dad just told me he couldn't hear it, so I dug out Netscape and tried it.
Sure enough, no music (Explorer picks it up). Is there some setting I can't
find, or do I need to make a change to the page? Or is this just
impossible in Netscape?

(BTW, lest you think I'm endorsing Explorer, I couldn't care less, it
happened to be on the machine and seems to work most of the time.)

And yes, this is at least a bit Dakota related, since there's sound on the
DML meet page. Okay, it's a stretch. But only a little one :-).

Thanks.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto

(By the way, has anyone ever noticed the similarity between web browsers and
big ugly urban assault vehicles made by Foard? Netscape Navigator ---
Lincoln Navigator. Internet Explorer --- Foard Explorer. Hmmm..... Wonder
if the next Foard is going to be called Mosaic.)