Re: Re: Re: Fun with the Chubby dealer

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 00:03:59 EDT

Aaron wrote:

> Thanks, I've got a 5.2 manual club cab. I was thinking about the r/t but I
> wanted a standard and I'm happy with my choice. 30 bucks on a new air intake
> and I was side by side with an r/t. It's just not worth the money to me.

A stock 440 4bbl would hold it's own against a Hemi up until the
100 mhp and a stock 440 Six-pack would spank a stock hemi. Line
all three up and I'll pick the hemi any day. There is a guy in
our club that has a sweet 69 Charger R/T SE that he bought brand
new and he had a choice between a hemi and the 440 he picked the
440 because he at the time could not justify the roughly $2K
(1969 dollars) for a Hemi. He regrets that decision to this day.

--
Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
99 Blk R/T CC