RE: Re: overhead console temp readings off?

From: Muscara, Anthony F (MuscaraAF@sa15wpob.us-state.gov)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 15:15:44 EDT

Well, if the overhead console thermometer works anything like the one in my
'90 Jeep Cherokee, it will only be truly accurate when you first turn on the
ignition and your engine is cold. Since the sensor is under the hood, the
engine heat will always knock it off... I've gotten the one in my Jeep to
read 150 Degrees Fahrenheit by letting the Jeep idle for 15 minutes or so.