Re: WAS: Not My Day NOW: TINT

From: Kevin Rankin (KevinRankin@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 23:54:27 EDT

At 02:23 AM 5/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I did not actually mean cops as idiots, I worded that wrong. I know a lot of
>cops that are great guys. I'm not totally complaining about cops, you don't
>make the rules. I'm complaining about some rules, and why they are there.
<big snip>
>Aaron C.

Ok, I know I'm a little late on this topic (way behind on my email
messages), and I'm not gonna touch the police issue at all, except to say
that they have the right to stay alive while doing their job. But I am
gonna give you my experience with tint and NJ. Any tint from the driver
forward is illegal unless installed from the factory. But I have been
pulled over many times with limo tint on all windows, and have never had
ANY problems. How? ROLL YOUR WINDOWS DOWN (both front, definitely power so
he doesn't think you are reaching for something) BEFORE THE COP EXITS HIS
CAR! All he wants is to see where your hands are (top of steering wheel),
and to check you out for what he's pulled you over for. If you are polite,
most cops will see that and be more lenient, unless you were doing
something stupid. I mean, the reason tint is illegal is for the police
officer's protection, so roll the windows down, and the cop gets what he
wants. If he writes you for a ticket for the tint, then you were gonna get
a ticket for something anyway, even if you didn't have the tint.
Just my .02 - YMMV

Kevin Rankin
KevinRankin@mindspring.com

"Out of the modem, through the server,