RE: RE: mp3 players in Daks Was: Booted the Console

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 00:08:55 EDT

> At 08:43 PM 6/9/99 , you wrote:
> [...]
> >What laptop do you have? I have 2 IBM Thinkpads (365XD and
> 760ED), but these
> >units have crappy sounds chips ( ESS 1688 and MWAVE DSP).
>

> I've got a Digital VP735, or something like that. Its got some sort of
> Crystal Audio chipset for sound. Sounds pretty darn good, especially when
> you're coming out of the line out port instead of the built in speakers.

 The Thinkpad 390 and I think the 560 and 770 has the Crystal sound chips,
they are nice, but I'll stick with the Mwave DSP (the newer ones in use on
the TP600 and TP390E). Then again I am a bit biased. Considering that I own
an IBM Thinkpad 701, 365XD, 760ED, and Workpad (3com Palm III with an IBM
paint job). Of all the laptops I've worked on/with I like Big Blue's best.
Easy to use, and very easy to repair (try taking apart a Toshiba or Compaq
laptop and you too can curse whoever designed them). Dell's are so-so. I do
not like ANY laptop with the Glide mousepad. They cost BIG dollars to
replace and just drop something on them and they are toast. Just my .02
worth.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd