Re: Dakota RT vs Tundra

From: boydmcguire@mindspring.com
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 20:24:00 EDT

Im the first one to give credit where credit is due. Toyota makes a great
truck, my neighbor has a Tundra and a 4Runner. They are expensive though!
Ive raced his V6 Tundra, and my win margin was slim. I can imagine being
pounded by the V-8 Tundra. Dakotas were #1 in 1993 when they came out w/
Magnum V-8's in midsize trucks. Its time for DC to realize that there is
stiff competition out there for our beloved trucks. Redo the engine, put a
V-10 in the Dakota, something that gives us the edge(talkin stock v stock).
The DML gives me the advantages I need to win w/ all the advice, but
unforntunately not all Dak owners are on it. Im not meaning to bash the
Dakotas..we have the best trucks in our price range for sure. If you have
the means to buy a 2000 Tacoma V-8(which I know I dont) then by all means it
should be considered. Until then, keep up the good Dak advice/work!
Blake
'93 LE Silver/White
4x2 Auto
5.2L 318cu V-8