Re: fuel tank test

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 17:35:50 EDT

Steed, Eric P wrote:

> Since it seems that everyone here has had the same experience that I have
> regarding the amount of fuel you can put in the tank when it's "empty" I
> think I will go for it. Unless I hear of any negative effects of letting it
> run out of gas. I'll let everyone know what the results are if and when I
> do it.
>
> -Eric
>
> Black '99 Dakota Sport
> 4x4 Club Cab
> 5.2L 318 Automatic
I ran out of gas recently. The guage still showed to have gas, but the
warning was lit and chiming.
The truck went into "limp" and gave a check engine light, it barely ran
for long enough to get in a station and fill up. After restart, it took
a few minutes to recover and the c.e. light to turn off. Alan S.