Re: Shift Kits for 46re - Level 10?

From: Ryan Krokosinski (ryan@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 1999 - 16:33:43 EDT

Has anyone looked into or heard about Level 10 shift kits. I just
talked to a guy there and he said that the kit was specifically
designed for the computer controlled 46re tranny that we have. He
seemed to know what he was talking about and told me the
differences between the electronic and hydraulically controlled
trannys (didn't understand but pretended I did). He was also
familiar with the tranny reverse buzz and said that it was due to
an unstable regulator or something and that the kit would remedy
this as well as give 2-3 times the shift firmness it currently
has. The kit is $129. Again this is not a 518 kit like the
Trans-Go, it's actually made for the 46re. Any thoughts? I need
to get rid of my tranny buzz... and second gear squealage
wouldn't hurt either.
BTW: They also have a Torque Converter for our trucks that they
say will yield about a half second in the quarter mile.

Here's the address in case anybody on the list is in the NJ area
and wants to check them out. Level 10 Products 188 Route 94,
Hamburg, NJ 07419 phone: 973-827-1000 website: www.levelten.com

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC