RE: Overhead Console MPG off...

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 08:05:42 EDT

Chris,

That is standard. My '95 DAK has the 22Gal. tank, and it is always 17-19
gallons I can get in, even on 'empty'. I remember reading (in my manual, I
think) that the tank has a 5 gallon 'reserve', so 17 gal. + 5 gal 'reserve'
= 22 gal.

Drives my wife crazy when I'm driving around with the fuel light on, and not
even worrying about it. I figure that when the light goes on, I've got about
50 miles (conservative) if you figure worst mileage at 10MPG.

Duff