frustration

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 01:15:13 EDT

Okay guys,
If you're not into venting, go ahead and hit the delete key....

I think my days of spankin' in the ol' Premag are over. It's getting to
the point that pushin' the 6er past half throttle and above "regular
driving RPMs" (no tach) produces a pretty impressive cloud of smoke from
the tailpipes. It's not thick like tire smoke, and you can't really see
it during the day. I'm not exactly sure what color the smoke is since I
can only see it in someone else's headlights at night or in bright
sunlight and there is another car behind me. At first I thought it was
just the engine blowin' all the crap out of it, but it's far too common
for it to be that. It does it EVERYtime I go more than Half Throttle and
the RPMS run up high. I know the smoke isn't black, and it's not all that
thick. I'm thinkin' I'm gettin' some blow-by (133k miles) and it's
costing me power and oil. I'm really debating not dumpin' any more cash
into this truck because I know it's downhill from here if it is in fact
blow-by..... sigh.... story of my life =-(

BTW- an 89tb will NOT fit an 88... found that one out the hard way... oh
well.. didn't need that 200 beans anyway...

sigh

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er, LE, 3.55, Slush-o-matic, Edelbrock Headers, Flowmaster, TekStyle
Tonneau, 14x3 K&N,
Daytona bucket seats, Magnecor wires, soon to be slammed.......
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133 <or>
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf
                          "It's not a 'little V6', it's just
cylindrically challenged"