RE: CB Weirdness

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 14:03:46 EDT

> I just bought the same cb last month from the Cobra website, (the
> Cobra 18
> Weatherband for $29.95, great deal!) but had a heluva time
> mounting the unit
> in the cab, had to fabricate a custom bracket from metal bars,
> drill into the
> floor, and mount it vertically on the floor between my shifter
> and the seat,
> but that worked good...just curious where you found space to
> mount it in your
> truck...? So far its been a great unit, no probs.

Do you have a bench seat? I'm trying to imagine where you have it. Mine's
on the ceiling, right between the sun visors. Makes it a bit difficult to
work the visors, but other than that it works okay. I have the center
console, I looked at putting the radio on the floor but couldn't see a good
spot for it. I thought about putting it in the console, but wasn't crazy
about that either.

BTW, thanks to those who have replied to help me with the problem I was
seeing. Bob Tom replied off the list to tell me that he had a Cobra that
did the same thing, and he had to push the mike key in and let it snap out.
I tried it and it works quite well. I might still try replacing the mike
unless I can figure out how to fix it, it's kind of a pain to have to pop
the key whenever it starts acting up.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg. Cab V6/3.9L/5spd
current: '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 Club Cab V8/5.2L/Auto
RIP: '95 Dakota Sport black 4x2 Club Cab V6/3.9L/Auto