Re: 2WD vs 4WD

From: dakota_5sp_v8 (dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com)
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 13:52:48 EDT

The dealer wants to sell you what he has, hence "the 4x4 does not take away
any power at all, and that they drive and feel the same"

A full time 4WD car/truck/van whatever will drive better, especially in the
rain and cournering. As far as if the full time 4WD has less power, maybe
someone could comment on that.

I suggest driving all of them to see which one is best for you. There are
Full time 4WD (best handleing and max traction 100% of the time)
Part time 4WD (can only use 4wd when on slippery surfaces.)
2 WD (will be the quickest because of ALLOT less weight)

I have the part time 4WD and think it does great off-road and in the snow
with BFG T/A's. http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm

Joel