Re: Re: NX was Lightning bolt

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 15:24:48 EDT

WM96@aol.com wrote:

> Hehe, yeah I know its very tempting. What extras would I need to get to be
> on the safe side? Explain the bottle warmer. I assume it has something to
> do with keeping optimal pressure in the bottle? Do you need it even if your
> climate is very warm?
>
> Will
Go check out Charles Smith on the R/T registry under R/T pics & ordering
info section. There is info on the group buy, before & after time slips
and install tips with pictures. www.dakotart.com
A bottle warmer is a must, it keeps the bottle at the proper temp via a
heater/thermostat for consistant pressure.
A low fuel pressure switch will disable the nitrous selinoid if there
isn't enough fuel pressure to deliver the proper amount of fuel during a
N20 shot.
The NX system is a "wet" system, which introduces fuel & nitrous in
amounts set by "pills" or jets. There are 3 levels of nitrous pills in
the kit, 75-100-150, so far it looks like a 150 shot isn't too much for
the stock motor and in fact, ran too rich. Once Charles put in the
smaller fuel pill, the 150 shot ran strong.
I believe he's down to 13.40's @ 100, I'd be pretty happy with that!
                                            Alan S.