Fun Day @ CAYUGA!

From: Eddie Estoppey (98dakota@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 13 1999 - 20:23:29 EDT

hey all,
the chryslers at cayuga dragway was great, i got in around 11, and went
to get my truck teched out right away. we met up with ron and tracey
lane, and the told us there was more dml'ers in the show area. i wanted
to see how fast my v6 dak could go on the quarter. i did two runs and
the best time i got was 17.586/77.92 , which was not bad seeing the only
engine mods i have are a k&n stock style replacement filter and a
catback exhaust from jcwhitney. after i did the time trials i went to
the show and shine area to show off my dak. bob tom got the award for
best modified truck in show and ron got best stock truck in show.
congrats guys!. before that we(lisa and i) went to the stands to see
some action, just as we were getting ready to climb the stands, a stang
had a real good nos buildup, blew up, it was cool, the hood must have
flew a 100 feet in the air, and it smashed the windasheild and knocked
some guy on his ass. he he, thats what he gets for taking a ferd to a
mopar event! any hoo, i was waiting to race trophy class, my first run
was best, but i got disqualified for goin faster than my dial in. the
other car was a 69 charger , with a 383, and painted up like the general
lee. i got a good head start(because my et was slower)thank god, i
finished first buti got disq. below is what the time slip says:

--------- LEFT ..... Right

CAR # ...DP3342 DP3540(me)
CLASS ...STREET STREET

DIAL ... 15.60 17.50
R/T ... .782 .831
60' ... 2.351 2.524
330 ... 6.652
1/8 ... 10.180 11.158
MPH ... 69.99 63.44
1000 ... 13.220 14.496
1/4 ... 15.800 <<WIN 17.350(a little fast, the engine was cooler)
MPH ... 744.41 78.99

THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A TYPO WITH THE LEFT 1/4 MPH.

Ed

--

Visit my Webpage @ http://www.MoparEd.com 1998 Dodge Dakota GTS, RC, SB, 239 Auto, Intense Blue, Xenon Body Kit, ProGlass Hood, Street Scene Hood Cowl and Mirrors, K&N Drop In Filter, Blue Engine Goodies, Gts Painted Headlight Covers, V-Tech Tailight Covers, TailGate Pop&Lock, Jc Whitney CatBack Dual Exhaust with 4.5" Monster Tipz, Checkmate FX Flush Mount Tonneau Cover, GroundForce 2/4 Drop(soon), American Racing 15x8 "MANTIS" Wheels, Steve 2me Grille Treatment, Dunlop Sport Rover GTX P275/60/15's, JVC KSRT-515 (paint matched to my Dak), and a 12 Pack CD Changer.