Re: 4x4 Lifts

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jun 14 1999 - 17:38:07 EDT

Nope...the 2" Body Lift went rather easy and included all the Bumper
relocation brackets, Steering Coupler, and Fan Shroud brackets. (Took
three of us about 3 hours with air tools.) The instructions included with
the kit were very helpful and easy to follow...no surprises at all. I had
also swapped out the body-mount bushings with Urethane "Doughnuts" but
can't seem to find the package they came in for a part number. (I did have
to drill the holes slightly larger to fit the Dakota though.) I'll try to
find the part numbers again....

The 3" body lift does require some cutting around the shifter (5spd only)
and some linkage modifications for the automatics.

Performance Accessories carries both kits and Summit Racing sells them for
about $140.00.