Dak: MotorVac Service done......

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 13:42:15 EDT

I took my truck into a local shop yesterday after work to have the MotorVac
Carbon Clean System hooked up. My truck has 105,000 on it by the way. The
mechanic who did the work on my truck also had a 93(just 2WD) with 180,000
miles on his, very nice guy and very great service. After he disconnected 2
fuel lines on the driver's side of the frame rail, he hooked up the machine.
He told me the first part of the cleaning system is soaking the carbon
deposits with MotorVac's "extremely powerful detergents." Then the detergents
are passed through the entire fuel system(after the fuel filter) and filtered
out in the MotorVac machine. The truck was then started, with the machine
still hooked up and the truck running off of the machine, and poof!! large
amounts of smoke exited through the tailpipe. I was concerned about this but
the guy said that is what he likes to see. The more the smoke the better. The
smoke is the hard carbon deposits being burnt out of the system. The smoke
continued for maybe 10 minutes and then stopped. The tech told me to go home
a put a new hose on the one fuel line along with double clamping both
ends,because the stainless steel braided fuel hose clamps arent worht a shit
and that they will start to leak once taken off. So after 1 1/2 hours of
waiting and b.s.ing with the mechanic, who is an ASE Master Tech, I paid him
$70 and went home to put a new fuel hose on. $4 later(and an easy fix), I
took it out on the highway, like the guy said to for 15 minutes to further
flush the system out. I would highly recommend this carbon cleaning system to
everyone woth over 100,000 miles on their Daks, or who thinks performance
isnt what I should be. My Dak drives and runs great now! This treatment
continues to work for 500 more miles, further cleaning the system out.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Champion Truck Plugs,
Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap & Rotor, and much much more!