was (Off topic posts) Grow up! (little long)

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 22:37:43 EDT

BRAVO! Bob.

I am glad you had the balls to post this, I beleive you are very right as is
the editor. I was on his side. He is right that flaming people is counter
productive, I know that people do silently "listen" to what is said by us. I
have talked with someone on the Chrysler Tech line and was shocked to learn
that he was a a DML "listener."

I do believe we have a responsibility to each other to be honest. We also
have a responsibility to not look like idiots. "Off topic posts" are not
that bad when they relate to Dakotas and the DML in some way. I have seen a
series of posts lately that are about PC's and have nothing to do with
Dakotas in any way. While there is nothing too bad about these posts, they
do make the DML look like the people on the list are not serious about
Dakotas. You can do direct e-mails, and there are chat rooms out there.

Flaming is VERY counter productive, when people out there listen to us, they
are turned off by the roasting that goes on sometimes. If these people
cancel their subscriptions, then thay can't hear what we have to say about
what we want for our Dakotas. Some of the recent "flame" sessions that go on
have been the "ranger list war", "smokers suck", and constant "Jules
roasting". Sometimes when these go on, I am ashamed that that I wrote into
the Power Wagons magazine and asked them to Jump on the DML.

In conclusion, we have to try to be a little more grown up when we post,
"big brother" is watching and judging us by our actions. If you want to
insult someone, do it directly! All you have to do to find that persons
e-mail address is to hit the reply button and the original senders e-mail
address will show up.

If we want Ma' Mopar, Hypertech, and others to take us seriously, we have to
stop acting like little boys.

Just venting some steam,
Mark Kuzia

P.S. Do you ever wonder why people always "unsubscribe", just ask my buddy,
he saw the "Jules flaming" and told me the DML was a joke!