Re: New 1/4 mile times with IAT "trick" and Ram-air update.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 23:39:26 EDT

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:52:59 EDT, Mst29@aol.com wrote:
>anybody run with a 14" aircleaner? what were the improvements? was it worse?
> im thinking my 14" inch just makes noise and not much else,,after reading
>this post.

I've recently gone to the K&N 14.2.75 (kit 1503) from the K&N dropin
on my '97 5.2L auto. 3.55 SG. I had just about less than a tenth of
a second drop in the 1/4-mile e.t. However, used with Leach's headers and
the Gibson split rear cat-back, the improvement was about .25 sec.
It is about what I had expected. Further improvement would come from
some type of ram air mod.

Naturally, when you hit the pedal, the sound that comes from the 14"
air cleaner brings back my youth!

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2